Visit the Great Liberator, Os!

HNT_1 For advanced HNTers: the-otherhnt

Saturday, May 24, 2008

HNT #20: My (stupid) Left Foot



Well, you get the sexy half of my first click-through today. This is it 'cause it doesn't look like AOL's system operates like everyone else's. Next time, I'll try it on Internet Explorer but I'm outta time, today! I gotta get this place seriously straightened up for a buddy who's coming all the way from Australia & Fiji for a week's visit in 2 more weeks (June 8)! But if anyone has any ideas why replacing the first photo's top URL info in HTML with the second photo's top URL info doesn't give me a click-through, please talk to my eyes via eMail, not the hand or the foot. ESPECIALLY not the foot! Sinister left leg appendage!

My left foot developed a strange, sharp pain that felt like a very bad, sprained ankle all Saturday, day & night. Damned if I could figure out where it came from, but it pained me so much I could not walk until Sunday morning! It scared me into thinking, if it became lasting, I'd have to ask my Aussie buddy to cancel his flight plans & lose money in the process. I sent a late-night eMail to the antipodean AU & FJ zones to warn him: Be Prepared for what may come! (As if I had been. LOL)

A WORSE aspect of Saturday night was when the Light of my Life texted me out-of-the-blue that she was in town on an emergency visit to her stepdad/mom & was leaving Sunday at 8 AM! If my ankle had been even 50% operational, I would have found a way to meet her for a visit, but I could neither walk nor drive nor barely hobble to the bathroom! It has been 4 months since I've seen her, too, as she just finished another college semester out-of-state. I might proudly add, "WITH rousing academic success!" Thankfully, no cruel, self-centered, Mizzou Son-Of-Baseball boyfriend is diverting her efforts THIS semester from pressing forward to Graduation! She has declared she wants to attend school year-round & graduate earlier. I think she wants the sizable diamond earrings I promised her as a graduation present! (Stupid boyfriend!)

I have never before looked forward to Hurricane Season like this next one, June 1 to Nov 30! At the earliest reasonable notice for a Tampa Bay mobile home owner to pack up his Pop-Up Camper and evacuate, I'm heading for Missouri! Look out, Baseball Boys! Her tutor/advisor's back in action!

7 comments:

Richard, Shhh... said...

If Amorous or Vixen see this, u get first dibs on the last 2 "Hot Girl Beer Drinker" tanks -- they were size Small and would look great on HNT or in my screensaver! ;-)

Write me before I open them up for bids of other potential wearers! Hugs!

Lapis Ruber said...

Congrats on the weight loss. Happy HNT.

Greg and Sheryl said...

We hope your foot gets better, soon. Now that we know how much you weigh, how tall are you? Happy HNT!

boo said...

Poor Richard! Hope your ankle feels better soon. Great HNT this week! ;0)

Richard, Shhh... said...

Lapis - Thanks! HHNT!

Greg & Sheryl - HHNT Smartees, LOL! Weight in proportion to height! "I'm 7'3" & I eat tiger balls & razor blades for breakfast!" U think they asked that Q of the old Viking Warriors swinging battle axes? (Actually, I stole that quote from a classmate who barely made minimum entrance height into the AF Academy -- Ballsy New Yorker made General rank, too!)

Hey, Buddha! U sneaked in on me while I was answering these, Sexy! Ankle's 99% now. Been running errands all day so I'm coming to peek on u real soon. U seen my package yet? HHNT!

boo said...

Checked the mail, right after my email! Woo-hoo! I gots me a sexy red tank. ;0)

Richard, Shhh... said...

Oooo -- Buddha!! Lemme see, lemme see, lemme see!!! ;-)>